Many times I will litter my posts with nicknames or code words that I will find funny on a personal or political level. It maybe a pun, a phrase, or Lord knows what I was thinking when I wrote it at the time – it just stuck.
Below is a list of some commonly used instances I’ve used in the past and will continue to use.
- “Cousin Bob” – A reference made to Manitowoc State Assemblyman and Manitowc Co. Executive Robert F. Ziegelbauer. He is often seen in Wisconsin political circles as the state’s last, true Conservative Democrat. He is also my first cousin and I call his parents Aunt [Name] and Uncle [Name].
- “WTF Nominee” – A award I started in 2005 to GOP legislators for not acting like Republicans on matters of principle. I have often give exemptions to GOP legislators acting in accordance to their local constituant needs.
- “Don Charlie” – A nickname the Badger Blog Alliance came up for, but made in jestful respect of, 620WTMJ’s Charlie Sykes.
- “a wholly-owned subsidiary of WEAC, financed in part by tribal gaming” – A nickname which appears in any post where I’ve typed the words “Governor Jim Doyle.” It is a reference to the 2002 election of Doyle where the Wisconsin Education Association Council, the NEA’s arm in Wisconsin, paid for millions of TV ads on Doyle’s behalf and a last-minute infusion of $750,000 from three of Wisconsin’s Native American tribes to the Democratic Governors Association for Doyle-friendly ads bypassing both state and federal campaign finance laws.
- “The Doyle Protection Ward” – The Democratic Party of Wisconsin.
- “My trained bitch Sadie” – A reference to former-UAW hack, and former Sheboygan, WI area blogger Bill Stephan who I often got the better of in debates. Bill once wrote a blog called “Sadie Says,” in which he wrote under the pseudonym of “Sadie.” This also happened to be the name of his then girlfriend, now wife’s Golden Retriever. Stephan would often write his posts in the third person akin to the WWE’s “The Rock.”