Been a few years since I did one of these (for obvious reasons), so I thought it was time to waste a few minutes to type away what I’ve been feeling.
– Did you know it’s been two years since I packed my bags and signed a lease on an place to live in the Metro DC area? (I’ll have an expanded post on this later this week.) Yeah, that fact surprised me too.
– Congrats to Charlie on getting his great book “50 Rules Kids Don’t Learn in School” published in another language. I’m sure the liberal blogs back home like “Whallah!” and others will try to make a funny with this news.
Though, seriously, other than a poorly-selling book by Bill Christofferson on Gaylord Nelson, has any Wisconsin liberal blogger like ‘capper,’ ‘grumps,’ ‘The Chief,’ and the rest of the pot-shot taking clowns ever been published beyond their own blogs? I mean, it’s one thing to be published by a publishing house, but how many books get re-published in other languages because there’s a demand for the book?
Joke all you want guys, Charlie’s laughing all the way to the bank.
– If I were to take a guess on little to no Intel from back home, I’d say Terry Van Akkeren wins the mayoral race in Sheboygan next week. There hasn’t been much news in the Sheboygan Press – though this is a very good story about a forum between the two candidates – about the campaign, which either means its a pretty laid back race or I’m not reading the Press like I used to.
Yeah, it’s probably the latter.
– Given how almost 80% of Chris Liebenthal’s posts at his blog are about how pissed off his is at Scott Walker’s policies while being a Milwaukee Co. employee, I just don’t get why he just doesn’t run for County Board himself.
– If DC Comics resets it continuity again, I swear I’ll have an aneurysm.
– Finally, I’m more intrigued by the way the two political parties play off the NY-20 win than who wins it. Sort of makes me sad in a way since I’d prefer sound policy – no matter whose – win out in the way, not who best markets their respective B.S.